I wanted to try a savoury biscuit|khara biscuit for a long time, and finally i made this yesterday and it came out too good. I followed the ICC recipe for this savoury biscuits.
INGREDIENTS:(yields 10 biscuits)
|BUTTER||2.5 TBLSP+1/2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|GREEN CHILLI||1 NO.|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||1.5 TBLSP|
- Beat the butter and sugar well until creamy.
- Add the yogurt to this and mix well.
- Now add the flour, salt, chopped chilli and cilantro and mix well and make this into a stiff dough.
- Do not knead this by adding too much pressure.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll it.
- Cut them into any desired shapes using a cookie cutter. I made it into round shape by using a lid of a box.
- Grease the baking tray and place this on the tray.
- Mine yielded 10 biscuits.
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 150 degree.
- Bake for 15- 20 mins. Mine got done in 17 mins.
- The biscuit will not get brown on the top, but it will get a nice color at the bottom.
- We had this with hot cup of tea and this was absolutely awesome.
- Increase the quantity of yogurt by 1 tblsp if the can’t get a dough consistency.
- I didn’t add cumin seeds.
- You can add ajwain seeds, finely chopped mint or any other herbs of your choice.
- You can use 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
Also sending my Savoury buns to this Kirthi’s event