Every one will have their own version or recipe for dal makhani, today i am sharing my own version of how to make creamy dal makhani.
|WHOLE URAD DAL (BLACK)||1/2 CUP|
|RAJMA(KIDNEY BEANS)||2 TBLSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1 TBLSP|
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1 TBLSP|
|TOMATO PUREE||1/2 CUP|
|EVAPORATED MILK||1/2 CUP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||2 PINCH|
|STAR ANISE||1 NO.|
- Soak the dals for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Pressure cook the soaked dal along with star anise and salt for 5-6 whistles.
- Discard the star anise after it is cooked.
- Mash the dal nicely and keep this aside.
- Chop the onions finely.
- In a pan, add oil and throw in the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the onions and saute in a medium flame till it turns golden brown.
- Now add the tomato puree and add the chilli powder and garam masala to this and saute in a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the mashed dal to the onion tomato mixture.
- Cook for two minutes and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Now add the evaporated milk to this and mix well.
- Simmer the flame and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in between to avoid the gravy sticking to the bottom.
- Serve hot with roti or jeera rice.
- Tomato puree can be replaced by grinding 2-3 ripe tomatoes in the mixie.
- If you don’t have evaporated milk,just replace with normal full cream milk.