Usually kurmas are doesn’t take place in my kitchen frequently, though i make chapathi almost everyday. Me and my hubby are not a great fan of kids and my daughter too. One day when i made rotis for dinner, I was very clueless what to make as a side dish for roti and finally i landed up in making cauliflower and peas korma. Without any much complaints everyone had this.
|CAULIFLOWER( MEDIUM SIZE)||1 NO|
|GREEN PEAS||1/4 CUP|
|CORIANDER SEEDS||1 TSP|
|FENNEL SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|COCONUT SHREDDED||3 TBLSP|
|CASHEW NUTS||7-9 NO|
|GREEN CHILI||2 NO|
|GARLIC PODS||2 NO|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Cook the cauliflower and peas ( i used the frozen peas) in a pan adding little salt to that.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- chop the onions finely.
- In a pan add little oil and add the onions and saute till golden brown.
- When it is done add the tomato and saute for 2 minutes.
- since i added tomato paste i didn’t saute this.
- Add green chilli, garlic, fennel seeds, cardamom , coriander seeds, cashew nuts and coconut to this and grind this into a smooth paste.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the cumin seeds and add the curry leaves and immediately add the ground masala.
- After a minute add the cooked cauliflower and green peas to this , mix well and let this boil for 2 minutes in medium low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rotis.