I have bookmarked this recipe of chocolate muffins from Here a long time back. It is a very easy and simple recipe and I was waiting for an occasion to make this and yesterday i finally made this chocolate muffins for my daughter Varsha’s birthday and the muffins turned out very soft and moist and the addition of Orange juice adds up an exotic flavor to the muffins.
INGREDIENTS:( yields 16 muffins)
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER||1/3 CUP|
|BAKING SODA||1 TSP|
|ORANGE JUICE||1/2 CUP|
|COLD WATER|SOY MILK||1/2 CUP|
|VANILLA ESSENCE||2 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE | VINEGAR||2 TSP|
|CHOCO CHIPS||2 TBLSP(OPTIONAL)|
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda for even mixing.
- Keep it in a wide bowl after sifting.
- In another bowl, add the oil, cold water, orange juice,vanilla essence, lemon juice and add the sugar and mix gently till the sugar dissolves.
- When done, slowly transfer the wet mixture to the sifted flour and mix gently without any lumps.
- If adding chocolate chips add at this stage.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C and arrange the muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Spoon the batter and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
- Mine got done in 12 minutes.
- Check with a clean tooth pick by inserting it in the middle of the muffin whether it is done or not. If it comes out clean then take out and cool it in a wire rack and if not just bake for a minute or two .
- The original recipe if for a cake recipe so you can try a cake also.
- Do not replace baking soda with baking powder, both are not same and the result will not be the same.
- I used Hersheys cocoa powder