Potatoes are always find place in all parties and this tandoori aloo recipe is a wonderful starter for a party and can be had as an accompaniment to rice| puloas too. I saw this recipe of tandoori aloo in Laskhmi's place and i bookmarked this and waiting to try this. Last week i got cute baby potatoes from the market and tried this yesterday morning . Tandoori aloo turned out so crisp and yum.
I tried this recipe both in oven and stove top and i was pretty happy with both the results.. Couldn’t take step wise pictures as i was in a hurry and it was a weekday morning. But will update soon with stepwise pictures.
Lakshmi made the tandoori masala by herself and me being a lazy person didn’t do this and used store bought tandoori masala.
This recipe can be made with normal big potatoes too .
|BABY POTATOES||25 NO|
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1/2 TSP|
|TANDOORI MASALA POWDER||1 TSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
- Par boil the potatoes and when done peel off the skin.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt , tandoori masala powder,ginger garlic paste, redchilli powder and salt.
- Pour this over the parboiled potatoes and marinate for 8-10 hours, preferably overnight.
- This is very important so that the masala will get into potatoes.
- Grease your baking tray or line in the tray with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C.
- Turn the potatoes and bake for another 5 minutes.
ATERNATIVELY you can make this on stove top too .
- In a non stick pan add a tsp of oil and throw in the marinated potatoes.
- Cook for 5 minutes in medium flame and carefully turn over this without mashing the potatoes.
- Cook till you find golden spots on all sides.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves if you want.
- Enjoy as a starter with Dip of your choice.