VELLAI KONDAKADALAI SUNDAL.Channa sundal , though we make usually during Navaratri or Ganesha Chaturthi , i make this whenever i am running out veggies or whenever i soak for Channa Masala or Channa pulao I soak a handful extra to make this sundal. This way of making sundal I learnt from my mother in-law and i like this one as it is loaded with nice flavors of fresh ground masala.
|BOILED CHICKPEAS||1/2 CUP|
|CORIANDER SEEDS||1/2 TBLSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1/2 TBLSP|
|COCONUT OIL||1 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Soak the chickpeas over night and pressure cook for 3 whistles by adding little salt to this.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, dry roast the coriander seeds, channa dal and red chilly till golden brown.
- When it is cool, make it into a fine powder.
- In the same pan, add the coconut oil and mustard seeds and when it splutters add the curry leaves and the cooked chickpeas.
- Take a tblsp of ground spice mix and add to the chickpeas.
- If you have remaining, store it in a dry container and use it whenever required.
- This same spice mix can be used for bisibelabath and arachuvitta sambar.
- Saute this for a minute and add the scrapped coconut.
- Mix well and check for salt.
- Serve with any gravy and hot rice.