Roasted bell pepper soup is the first time i am trying at home. At my place everyone loves soup and it takes place in the dinner menu almost twice a week. So for a change from the usual soups which i make, i tried this Red bell pepper Soup and it turned out very well. When i made it again the second time last weekend, i clicked the pictures and sharing the recipe of roasted bell pepper :
|RED BELL PEPPER||1|
|OLIVE OIL||2 TSP|
- Wash the red bell pepper and pat dry this. Roast this on the stove top by turning it often. Take care not to burn your fingers. Once evenly roasted keep it aside. With the help of a knife scrap down the skin and if you want wash the bell pepper and chop them roughly.
- Chop the onions ,garlic and tomatoes finely. In a pan, add oil ( i used olive oil, but if you don’t have cooking oil can be used) and add the garlic,onion,tomato one by one.
- Roast them in a medium flame nicely. Once done , allow this to cool.
- Grind this along with the chopped roasted bell pepper.
- In the same pan, add this puree and add 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups of water.
- Bring it to a nice boil and add salt, pepper and oregano.
- Serve hot with soup sticks or even a simple bread toast.
- The roasted flavour of the bell pepper in the soup makes it to taste great.
- You can add 2-3 tblsp ofcooked pasta to this to make it more filling.