Generally aval payasam is made for Gokulashtami |Krishnajayanthi, but few days back i made for Ugadi and wanted to share the recipe of aval payasam for Tamil New year . Wishing all my readers a very Happy Tamil New Year - இனிய புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள். To View all the Tamil new year recipes click HERE.
|AVAL (POHA)||1/4 CUP|
|CONDENSED MILK*||1/4 CUP|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH|
*If adding condensed milk don’t add sugar. Else add4-5 tblsp of sugar.
- Add ghee in a pan and add in the broken cashews, when it turns brown take it out and keep aside.
- In the same pan add poha and fry for few minutes tillit turns slightly brown.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool. Pulse it once in a mixer (do not over do).
- Add it to the pan and add milk. Let it boil for 15 minutes in a medium low flame and add the condensed milk to it at the beginning stage.
- Let the milk reduces to 2 cups.
- Switch off the flame and add the roasted cashews.
- Serve hot or serve chilled.
- If adding sugar instead of condensed milk add in the last.