Actually the original recipe is Double chocolate Biscotti, since i didn’t have choco chips in hand i added almonds instead of chocolate chips
INGREDIENTS: [10 BISCOTTI]
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 CUP|
|COCOA POWDER||1/4 CUP|
|BAKING POWDER||3/4 TSP|
|BAKING SODA||1/4 TSP|
|VANILLA ESSENCE||1/2 TSP|
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder,baking powder and baking soda.
- In a mixer, pulse the almonds and add to the flour mix. If using chocolate chips instead of almonds add it now.
- In a bowl, add water, vanilla essence, sugar and oil.
- Mix well till the sugar dissolves. If u want u can powder the sugar and add.
- When the sugar gets dissolved, add this mixture to the flour and cocoa powder mix.
- Knead this into a dough.
- Place it on a baking sheet |butter paper. Divide it to2 equal portions as a log.
- Flatten the logs. Bake this in 160 degree preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- After the first bake, the biscotti loaves should be firm and very lightly browned, but not hard.
- Slice it diagonally for long biscotti or across for short one using a sharp knife.
- Arrange them in the cooking tray in a parchment paper and again bake them for 10 minutes at 130 degrees C.
- Turn it aside or you can keep the rack in the centre and turn on the heat to up and down for few minutes.
- the second time bake is to dry out the cookies so bake it in a low temperature to get crispy biscotti.
- this can be stored in a air tight container for few weeks.
- If you feel the dough dry and not coming to make a whole mass while kneading, sprinkle 1-2 tsp of water.
- Never chop the biscotti loaf when it is hot.
- Use sharp knife to cut the loaf.
- You can add any nuts of your choice and add orange zest too and replace water with orange juice also.
- While cutting the biscotti loaf it may crumble too. do it slowly and carefully.