SIDE DISH FOR ROTIPeas masala recipe is a new recipe which i recently tried in my kitchen and it turned out very well and very different from the usual onion tomato based gravy i make. It came out very similar to the restaurant style peas masala.Try out this easy peas masala recipe , an easy and rich peas gravy , and enjoy with Jeera rice or Phulkas| Rotis.
|GREEN PEAS*||1 CUP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||ONE HAND FUL|
|KASOORI METHI||2 PINCHES|
|GARAM MASALA||2 PINCHES|
- Chop the onions and tomato roughly. In a pan, add 1 tsp of oil and add the onions, tomatoes , coriander leaves, green chilli and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Soak the cashew in warm water for 10 minutes and grind this along with yogurt into a smooth paste.
- Grind the onion tomato mixture into a fine paste.
- In a pan add oil and add the onion paste and add the cashew yogurt paste. Mix well and saute for few minutesin a low flame.
- Add the garam masala.
- Saute well in a low flame till the oil leaves on the sides.
- Now add the peas. [*If adding fresh peas, cook this separately and add. I used frozen peas.]
- Add the milk and little water to this to get a gravy consistency. Add salt.
- Cover and cook for few minutes till the peas gets cooked(if using frozen peas) and to get the masala blended with the gravy.
- Add kasoori methi in the last and coriander leaves to garnish.
- Enjoy this with hot rotis as we did. Even my little one loved with pooris.