When i recently started cooking mushrooms, i wanted to try out a mushroom masala , after the super hit of the Kadai mushroom at my house. I almost followed the same procedure of my Baby Corn Masala . This kadai mushroom gravy was a super hit again and we all enjoyed with rotis. Last week when i tried this for the first time we had with Jeera rice and it was quite well too. So today let me share the recipe of how to make Mushroom masala gravy. INGREDIENTS: [ SERVES 3-4]
|ONION||2 + 1|
|TOMATO PUREE||1/4 CUP*|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/4TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||A PINCH|
|TOMATO KETCHUP||1 TBLSP|
|KASOORI METHI||2 PINCHES|
- Wash and clean the mushrooms.
- Roughly chop the 2 onions and in a pan add oil and add the onions and green chilli.
- Saute till it turns brown and allow this to cool.
- Grind this into a smooth paste along with red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and tomato sauce.
* If using tomatoes grind 2 ripe tomatoes along with this.
- In a pan add oil an add the bay leaf ,cumin seeds and chop 1 onion finely and add to this.
- Saute till the onions turns pink.
- Add the ground onion masala and tomato puree and slat to this.
- Let it come boil for 2 minutes. add 1cup of water to this.
- Now add the mushrooms and cover it with a lid.
- Add kasoori methi, when the mushroom gets cooked. this will take 10 minutes in medium flame.
- If you want to add cream you can add or even can add little cream to this .
- Ginger garlic paste can be added in the first stage to enhance the flavor.
- you can cube half capsicums and saute it in oil and add to the gravy.