After a long time, i baked a beautiful cake yesterday. I can say this eggless carrot cake is one of the best cake i have baked. The hot toffee sauce makes the cake more tasty. I wanted to make an carrot cake for a long time and this recipe i adapted from here and the yummy hot toffee sauce i adapted from Nags space. So go ahead and try out this easy eggless carrot cake with hot toffee sauce.
INGREDIENTS: FOR CARROT CAKE
|CARROT (GRATED)||1 CUP|
|CONDENSED MILK||1 TIN (14 OZ)|
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 AND 1/4 CUP|
|BAKING POWDER||1 TSP|
|BAKING SODA||1/2 TSP|
|MELTED BUTTER||1/2 CUP|
|VANILLA ESSENCE||1 TSP|
FOR HOT TOFFEE SAUCE:
|BROWN SUGAR||1/4 CUP|
|VANILLA ESSENCE||2 DROPS|
- Sift the all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder for even mixing.
- Grate the carrots and add the condensed milk, melted butter and carrots in a bowl. Mix it gently and evenly.
- Add vanilla essence to this.
- Now mix this wet ingredients to the flour mix and gently mix it.
- Grease a pan and pour the cake mixture to this. I used a bundt pan to bake this carrot cake.
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 180 degrees. Mine took 40 minutes to bake this beautiful cake.
- Allow this to cool in a wire rack.
- To make the Toffee sauce,combine all the ingredients under the table “Toffee sauce” in a sauce pan.
- Gently mix this let it simmer for 5-7 mins until the mixture thickens. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Just make holes in the cake with toothpicks and pour the toffee sauce over the cake.
- Cake is ready to serve. Do not skip the toffee sauce as it enhanced the taste of the cake very much.
- Do not skip the toffee sauce as it enhanced the taste of the cake very much.