Garlic bread sticks are the the first choice of starter whenever we go to Domino’s Pizza in India. When Divya posted this Garlic bread sticks recipe, i bookmarked it and tried it. the Garlic bread sticks came out too well. I made it long back but some how couldn’t post it. The pictures didn’t come out as i expected as it was raining when i clicked the final pictures. But trust me, this garlic bread sticks were awesome. Check out Divya’s blog for the detailed recipe.
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 AND 1/2 CUP (DIVIDED)|
|INSTANT DRY YEAST||1/2 TSP|
|GARLIC PASTE||1/2 TSP|
|CHILLI FLAKES||1/4 TSP (OPTIONAL)|
|PARMESAN CHEESE||3 TBLSP|
- In a bowl add water, sugar and yeast and mix well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes or till the yeast raises up. the water should be slightly warm. ensure that it is not too warm else it will make the yeast to raise.
- In a wide bowl add 1 cup of flour, and add the olive oil. Mix well and add the raised yeast water to this and make it into a sticky dough.
- Cover it and keep aside for 45 minutes to 1 hour till it raises.
- Now add the garlic paste ( i ground few cloves of garlic with 1/4 tsp of butter) to the raised dough and add the remaining flour (1/2 cup).
- Knead well and keep it covered till the dough raises to double the size.
- Dust the kitchen top with flour and roll this into a big circle.
- Spread cheese over this. I used parmesan cheese, in the original recipe divya used amul grated cheese.
- Fold it into a semi circle. Sprinkle the Oregano on this. If using red chilli flakes sprinkle that too.
- Transfer this to a greased baking tray Cut this into strips and bake this for 10 to 12 minutes or till the bread turns out slight brown on the top.
- Mine took 12 minutes to bake.
This Garlic bread tasted totally awesome and kids enjoyed a lot.
- You can use garlic powder instead of garlic paste.
- The original recipe used grated amul cheese cube.
super yummy .. I am addicted to Garlic bread 🙂
wow….breadsticks are always favourite as you said….one question…is it compulsory tht we should use olive oil only? or can i use normal one?
You can use the normal oil if you don't have. But olive oil gives a nice flavour
Even i bookmarked it jey ! i wanted to try for long time yours looking yummy!
really lovely snack…
Looks yum …and the pics are lovely than you think ..
Looks delicious… Very well taken pictures.. looks very professional!!
Event – Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
Delicious garlic bread
Wowwww… perfectly made garlic bread.. very tempting clicks too 🙂
Very yummy and delicious.
i love garlic bread and this recipe has been now bookmarked…luks awesome.
yummy starter…perfectly made..lovely clicks
love garlic bread sticks n tis is so good..
so soft n yummy looking garlic bread sticks…well made!
Perfect tea time snack and wonderful presentation
Aromatic and highly irresistible garlic bread sticks..loving it.
wow..that is perfectly done bread stick and love to snack for parties
i want want…love to have with mushroom soup
Would love to try this, looks awesome..
I want to try this out, looks perfect and tempting. wanted to know where do I get oregano??
Oregano is an italian spice which you get in big super markets. When we order pizza the give this in small packets to sprinkle on the top
Looks super soft, would love to taste it this way. Never tasted this before.
Wow looks great…my fav anytime
In what temperature did you keep it for 12 minutes
Please mention the temperature in the oven that you need to bake these… Looks yummy!!!
Bake at 160 degrees. Wil update in the post.
I adore your cooking a lot and all recipes turn so well.. I tried this one tooo..but instead of instant dry yeast I added active dry yeast…is there is any difference coz the bread became so hard to eat..the flour dint double in size at all…please help and thanks
I'm dying to try the garlic bread.. i just made ur banana bread ysday and we all loved it! 🙂 Can i substitute maida for whole wheat flour? have you tried that?
Thank you so much for trying out the banana bread. I haven't tried garlic bread with whole wheat flour, but i think you can try adding half maida and half whole wheat flour
hi,garlic bread looks very appetizing, can u please mention the temperature in farenhait…
It is 170 degree C and 340 F
hey jey thnx fr the post. i tried it today but unfortunately my dough dint rise at all… taste was fine but dunno why the bread dint rise.. i used bakers dried yeast 1/2 tsp…. any insight wat im doing wrong?
Payal the reasons for yeast didn't raise must be either the water must be hot while adding the yeast. Or it must be cold while adding. Or it is not a active yeast. Old one may be.
The right temperature of the water should be you should be hold your fingers in the water for 7 seconds. That much warm,it should be.
my bread became too hard on top y so like that
The reason must be either it must be over baked at high temperature. brush with milk on top before baking
Hi jeyashri.. I have this doubt on yeast.. Shall i use a active dry yeast instead of instant?? Whats the diff?? I am not much into baking..
Even i am not much into baking, regarding your doubt , Instant yeast raises so quickly and dry active yeast will take 10 minutes to raise. In place of 2 tsp of active dry yeast you can use 1 tsp of instant yeast.
hi jeyashri nice recipe.i ll try this soon.parmesan cheese is not a vegitarian one.please google about it.
Hmm yes recently came to know about that
Hi,jayasri,garlic bread looks so yummy,can u pls tell me,whether we can bake it in pressure cooker.
Sorry about the delay in the reply. I havent tried baking this in pressure cooker. But i have tried cake and cookies and posted the same in my website. Please check and follow the same method. This can not be done in microwave oven
Can we do ths receipe without oven.
Hi, do we need to proof instant yeast for this recipe?
No need to proof the instant yeast.