Ellu sadam is a very simple rice recipe which we generally during the Saturdays of the tamil month Puratasi. Today being Puratasi Saturday, i wanted to share the recipe of ellu sadam today. Will post the recipe of Maavilaku soon.
|COOKED RICE||1/4 CUP|
|SESAME SEEDS*||2 TBLSP|
|URAD DAL||1 TBLSP|
|SESAME OIL||1 TSP|
- Roast the sesame seeds till golden brown.
- Keep this aside. Roast the urad dal and red chilli till the dal becomes nice golden brown. Do this in a low flame.
- When it is cool, grind it into a fine powder along with the roasted sesame seeds and asafoetida.
- Mix this into the cooled down cooked rice.
- . Add a tsp of sesame oil and few curry leaves and mix well.
- Ellu sadam is ready for neivedyam now.
- Always ensure that the rice should be cooked properly and not mashed.
- You can roast 1 tblsp of peanuts in little oil and add to the rice.
- If you feel the sesame seeds are bit dirt, wash this nicely and drain the water and dry in a cloth. when it is dry, roast this and follow the procedure above.
- You can make it with black sesame seeds.