Pumpkin thogayal| Parangikkai thogaiyal is a simple recipe which we generally mix with hot rice smeared with ghee. I love all types of Thogayal we make at home,this pumpkin Thogayal i learnt from my athai and my cousins will have this thogayal as a spread on the bread too. Even you can have this with Chapathi, idli or dosa too.
|PUMPKIN | PARANGIKKAI(CUBED)||3/4 CUP|
|URAD DAL||2 TBLSP|
|TAMARIND||A SMALL PIECE|
|COCONUT(SCRAPPED)||1-2 TBLSP (OPTIONAL)|
- Take out the hard skin of the pumpkin and chop them into small cubes.
- In a pan add oil and saute the urad dal, red chilli and tamarind, till the dal turns golden brown.
- Keep it aside and saute the cubed pumpkin and saute in a low flame for 10 minutes till the pumpkin shrinks.
- When done, allow this to cool and grind it to a smooth paste along with roasted urad dal, red chilli, salt, asafoetida, tamarind and coconut.
- Do no add water while grinding. The pumpkin will ooze out water.
- If needed sprinkle little water.
- Pumpkin thogayal is ready to serve. You can keep it the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Always handle with a clean spoon.
yummy It is in my draft.. I use Bengal gram dhal.. The sweetness of pumpkin, taggy tamarind really tasty.. Your version also looks yum
Yummy it looks.. NEver knew cud make thogayal with pumpkins 🙂
Sounds interesting will try sometime!
never heard before abt pumpkin chutney…..sounds interesting
never tried this..color looks nice n appetizing
Delicious and inviting Thogaiyal.. Looks colorful and perfect for the fall.. 🙂
Haven't tried thogayal with pumpkin, on my try out list..
very inviting thogayal. Bookmarking this.
New to me.Never tried this.Looks inviting……
Delicious and colorful preparation. Wonderfully prepared.
interesting thogaiyal with pumpkin..looks super yummy
Healthy and flavorful thogayal
Healthy one to go with hot rice, thnks for sharing jeyashri.
healthy n yummy…
Hearing for the first time..lOoks yum!
sounds interesting, healthy & yummy side for rice..will def try sometime!
Can have this gorgeous thogayal with some rasam rice.
i never heard jey !~ first time seeing ! Good
vey inviting one..
I never heard before this pumpkin thogayal. Pumpkin is very good for children.I used to break my head, what to make with pumkin apart from cutlet,but this is yummy and nutricious, kids too like this very much. Thanks jeyashri
A simple & new pumpkin dish. Healthy & delicious! Thanks jeyashri