Coriander and lemon soup i recently tasted during my trip to Hyderabad and was tasted very nice. The cold weather there and this piping hot coriander and lemon flavoured soup was totally out of the world. I just gave this soup a try yesterday and it tasted almost the same. The recipe of this soup is very simple with easily available ingredients at home.
PREPARATION TIME:10 MINUTES. COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES. SERVES:2-3
|CORIANDER LEAVES||A BUNCH|
|LEMON ZEST||1 TBLSP|
|MIXED VEGETABLES*||1 CUP|
|PEPPER POWDER||TO TASTE|
|LEMON JUICE||1-2 TSP|
*I used baby corn, beans, corn kernels,carrots,green peas,cabbage
- Wash the coriander leaves and chop them roughly . Add the lemon zest(the skin of the lemon) and green chili (slit the green chilli) in a pan and add 4 cups of water. Let this boil for 15 minutes in a low flame.This is for making the vegetable stock.
- Boiling the lemon zest will not taste bitter.
- Switch off the flame and strain the water . Discard the cooked coriander leaves.
- Meanwhile cut the veggies finely. I added more veggies. It is purely your choice.
- In a pan add 1 cup of water and add the veggies to this. Let this boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander lemon stock. Let this boil for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Add pepper and salt to taste. Switch off the flame.
- Just before serving squeeze in the lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy this flavourful and filling soup.
- You can skip the veggies and just add lemon juice, pepper powder and salt to the stock and can have this as a clear soup.