Peanut rice is a simple and easy lunch box recipe . My mother in law used to make this very often , she adds sesame seeds to this. I made this for this Kannum pongal . If you are a peanut fan like me, you will surely like this rice. Do try this easy lunch box recipe.
- Cook the rice and spread it in a wide plate. Let the rice be grainy without sticking to each other.
- Dry roast the red chilli and and dry coconut till the coconut becomes golden brown.
- Grind this is in a mixer and in the lastly add the roasted peanuts and pulse once. Let the peanuts be coarse.
- Add the ground mix to the cooked rice and mix evenly. You can grease your hands with oil or ghee and mix the rice. This will help in keeping the rice moist and not becoming too dry. Temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Check for salt.
- I didn't add much salt as the roasted peanuts which i have added had salt in it.
- Verkadalai sadam is ready. You can simply pack this with papad or vadam.
- If using raw peanuts, roast them separately and phew the skin.
- If adding sesame seeds, white will be good. Roast them along with coconut and chilli.
- Fresh coconut can also be used. Roast them till the moisture is completely gone.