Tomato Chutney | Thakkali chutney is a simple and easy side dish for idli | dosa . This recipe of tomato chutney is without coconut. Two weeks back i was invited to my friend's place for a small family function. She served idli and vadas with this thakkali chutney. I liked the taste of the chutney and asked her the recipe of the chutney. The recipe is so simple and i tried it yesterday and had it with dosas. Let me share with you the recipe of easy tomato chutney:
- In a pan add oil and throw in the red chilli and garlic pods. Saute them in a low flame till the garlic becomes roasted.
- Take it out and keep aside.
- Cut the tomatoes roughly. In the same pan add it and saute them till mushy. Be careful not to burn it.
- When cool grind them in a mixer into a fine paste.Add salt and mix well.
- Temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add little water to bring to a right consistency.
- Serve this tomato chutney with hot idlis | dosas.