Papad ki sabzi is a rajathani dish , which i learnt from my friend very long back. I noted down the recipe in my book but forgot to try. Last week when i made rotis for me and my hubby for breakfast(rotis for breakfast is very rare) i thought i will try out this sabzi. Actually i was running out of veggies and even onions too. It turned out very nice and we both liked this.This can be made in a jiffy .
- Cut the papads (raw papad) . I used the pepper flavored papad.
- In a bowl add whisk yogurt and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix the yogurt mixture well.
- If you want you can microwave the papads. Else you can add it raw also.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add the spiced yogurt mixture and keep the flame very low.
- Stir this mixture and add the papads.
- After adding papads let this cook for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
- The papads will get cooked fast. Add Water to thin down the gravy. Addition of papad will make the gravy thick.
- Switch off the flame in 2 minutes. Sabzi is ready.
- Check for salt. Generally papads will have salt. so add salt accordingly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.