Sago Sundal with video
Preparation Time : 15 mins + soaking 4 hrs | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 6
Javarisi | sago 1/2 cup
Yellow moong dal 3 tblsp
Green chili 1
Ginger a small piece
Curry leaves few
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Coconut 2 tblsp
Salt as needed
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Crushed Peanuts 1 tblsp
Video of Javarisi sundal
- Wash the sago thrice and drain the water. Sprinkle little water and keep it aside for 4 hours or overnight.
- Soak the moong dal for 1 hour and keep it aside.
- In a pan add the moong dal and add 1 cup of water and turmeric powder and a tsp of oil.
- Cook till the dal becomes soft. Ensure it should not be mushy. Drain the extra water.
- Crush the roasted peanuts and add it to the sundal.
- Mix well and switch off the flame.
- If needed you can squeeze lemon juice to this, at this stage.
- Ensure that the sago shouldn't be sticky.
- Also the moong dal shouldn't be mushy.
- You can temper with slit green chili and grated ginger. But coarsely grinding it with curry leaves, will be helpful while eating.
- Adding peanuts will give a nice crunchy texture to the peanuts. So do not omit this.