Nellikai thayir pachadi
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 1 min|Serves: 3-4
Nellikai | gooseberry|amla 3
Green chili 1-2
Coconut 1 tblsp
Salt as needed
Yogurt | curd 5 tblsp
Oil 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida a pinch
- Roughly chop the gooseberry and discard the seed.
- Grind this into a coarse paste along with green chili, little salt and coconut.
- Do not make it a fine paste. Add few drops of water while grinding.
- Beat the yogurt by adding little salt to it.
- Add this ground amla mixture to the yogurt.
- Temper mustard and asafoetida in oil and add it to the yogurt mixture.
- Mix well.
- Serve chilled.
- This gooseberry raita goes very well with any mixed rice or even for sambar and vatha kuzhambu.
- You can steam the gooseberry and mash it well with hands and add it to the raita. In that case grind the coconut and chili separately.
- You can add little jeera while grinding. This gives a nice flavour to the raita.