Corn flour halwa | Karachi halwa is i wanted to try for a long time. During our child hood days whenever some guests but assorted sweet box for us some how this Karachi halwa in that box i never share with anybody and yes i will eat the entire corn flour halwa on my own. But i never know how it was made till i enter into this blogging world. The recipe of corn flour halwa sounded very easy and this can be made in 20 minutes. So if you are searching for an Easy diwali sweet then please bookmark this recipe and try out for Diwali. Trust me, you will love this corn flour halwa | Karachi halwa.
INGREDIENTS: YIELDS 2 CUPS. COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
PREPARATION TIME:5 MINUTES
RECIPE SOURCE: UMA’S KITCHEN EXPERIMENTS
|CORN FLOUR||1/2 CUP|
|SUGAR||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|WATER||2 AND 1/2 CUP|
|ORANGE FOOD COLOUR||2 PINCHES|
- In a pan add a tsp of ghee and fry the chopped cashew nuts till golden brown and keep it aside.
- Grease a plate with ghee and keep aside.
- In a bowl. mix the corn flour with 1 and 1/2 cup of water , food colour without any lumps.
- In a heavy bottomed pan or non stick pan add sugar and add 1 cup of water.
- Let the sugar gets dissolved , no need to check for string consistency.
- Simmer the flame and mix the corn flour mixture once nicely with a spoon and add it to the sugar syrup.
- Mix well in a medium low flame. Stir continuously.
- Add 1 tblsp of ghee and stir continuously to avoid forming lumps, this will give a glossy texture and the halwa starts getting transparent.
- Add the roasted cashew nuts when the mixture becomes thick.
- Stir well and mix well so that the cashews will get into the halwa.
- Add the remaining ghee and at this stage the halwa will be glossy and starts leaving from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer it to the greased plate. Either you can leave it for 2 hours to cool down and cut into pieces or you can serve it in a bowl too.
- I didn’t make it into pieces as i made the halwa around 3 30 in the evening and if i wait for 2 more hours there won’t be enough of sunlight to click the pictures.
- You can make this halwa in microwave too.
- The sweet is perfect for this halwa so no need to add extra sugar.
- Always ensure that the corn flour mixture will not have any lumps.
- This will stay good for 4-5 days in the refrigerator but the texture will not be the same if you keep it inside the refrigerator. So better to make it and consume within 2 days.