I never tried gulab jamuns on my own,even using the instant gulab jamun mix. When i saw the recipe of homemade gulab jamuns using khoya in Nags space, I bookmarked it at once and bought a packet of khoya on the following weekend. It turned out very soft and now i am confident in making jamuns.
For original recipe click here.
For original recipe click here.
preparation time:15 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes Yields:25-30 jamuns
|MAIDA |ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1/3 CUP|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING.|
FOR SUGAR SYRUP
|WATER||1 AND 1/4 CUP|
|ROSE WATER||FEW DROPS(OPTIONAL)|
- Bring the khoya to room temperature and mix it with the flour and salt .
- Add water to this to make a stiff dough. Mine took 2 tbslp of water to knead.
- The dough shouldn’t be sticky.
- Make it into a mini lemon sized balls.
- Don’t make it too big as it will slightly expand on frying and after soaking in the syrup.
- Heat the oil and when it is hot(not too hot) add the balls to the oil.
- Do not put to much at a time. Always ensure that the jamuns must be fried in medium low flame, else the inner part will not get cooked.
- When it is done ie. turns golden brown colour, drain it in a kitchen towel.
- Combine the ingredients in the sugar syrup table to make the syrup.
- When the sugar gets dissolved and the water starts boiling put off the flame.
- Dunk in the fried gulab jamuns to the sugar syrup .
- Enjoy this after 3-4 hours or can be served with vanilla ice cream also.
- The addition of the water to the khoya and flour mix depends upon the texture of the khoya. If it is moist then less water is consumed.
- You can add a pinch of cardamom powder to this.
Delicious and mouthwatering gulab jamun. You simply made my day.
Wow tasty jamuns…looks perfect. Luved the presentation and the clicks
Looks so soft and yummy
Aah… I want them now.. I m just turning my screen away from my lil one.. He has been asking for Gulab Jamoons..
wow. so simple? As we don't get khoya here, I start from scrach so I make jamun once in a while. Delicious.
wow very tempting gulab jamun !! Yummy
Ongoing Event – CC-Chocolate Fest
Delicious and inviting recipe. Looks simply yummy.
delicious! Have to try it..
wow…They look delicious…
Very Cute and perfect looking Jamuns
Cute balls n really lip smacking dessert…
Wow thats a very nice recipe
Mmm…Yummy and delicious Gulab Jamuns
my mom makes this same recipe.. looks very yummy… 🙂
thanks for trying this 🙂
Yummy,juicy jamuns tempts me a lot.
Thus is something which I have to still try,..:) wish ya many many returns of the day
first time here…lovely space….jamun luks awesome
jamuns are so tempting..they r perfect for my DESSERTS event. Would you like to link it up?
very delicious looking jamuns, birthday wishes to u..hope u had a wonderful day 🙂
OnGoing Event ~ Dish It Out-Brinjal n Garlic
Happy Birthday Jeyashri!
Yummy Gulab Jamuns .. Birthday Wishes Jeyashri
Belated B'day Wishes Jeyashri! Gulab jamun looks delicious.B'day special-a? 😉
Yummy and delicious looks so soft.
Great gulab jamuns Jeyashri.. Happy New Year..
Thanks a lot friends for ur wishes:)
Such an awesome and tempting recipe. Happy birthday and new year
Hi Jeya,Wish u many more happy birthday…have a wonderful time dear..:)
(Wishing by seeing the Raji's post.)
Thanks a lot gayatri
Great job for the first time, looks so delicious!
Please grab the award waiting for u at my space…
Very delicious, I wud pick one right off the pictures..
Store bought jamun mixes are not up to the mark,these koya jamuns looks so yummy will def try this
so nice post…
so nice post…
Birthday celebrations start with Happy Birthday wishes. Wish a birthday boy or a gal with our beautiful collection of birthday ecards filled with.
Gulab Jamun is one of my favourite dish!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!
Hi Jeyashri Since i'm a beginner can you please let me know what khoya you have used sweetened or unsweetened khoya?What is the Khoya Brand name?expecting your reply to go head…
Hi Jeyashri, Since i'm a beginner can you please let me know have you used sweetened khoya OR unsweetened Khoya?What is the Khoya BRAND name?expecting your reply to make this yummy Gulab Jamun….
hi, i used unsweetened khoya for this recipe. I used nanak brand khoya. All the best. It will turn out awesome
HI Jeyashri, I tried this recipe. I have prepared the khoya using milk.But it didn't absorb the syrup properly and the jamun became very hard. Your suggestions please.
Hi The reason for this become hard is the dough must be very hard. Ensure that the dough u make out of the khoya mixture for the jamun should be stiff and not hard. It should be smooth without any cracks. If the syrup is not hot the jamun balls won't absorb the syrup.
Hi Jeyashri. I tried this recipe. I have prepared the khoya using milk. But the jamun is very hard and it didn't absorb the sugar syrup properly. What may be the mistake?. Your suggestions please.
Hi Jeyashri, can I make jamuns with milk powder instead of koya with the proportions u mentioned?
With milk powder you can make gulab jamuns. Will post the recipe in detail soon. Not sure whether u can make with the same proportions.Will try and post in detail