Masala papad is an easy and interesting snack generally served as a starter. Even we can have this as a teatime snack too. A guilt free snack which is always a crowd pleaser. Generally for making masala papad i do not deep fry the papad , instead just grease this with little bit of butter or oil and microwave the papad. The pepper flavoured papad will be an apt one for this masala papad.
|CORIANDER LEAVES||TO GARNISH|
|LEMON JUICE||2-3 DROPS|
- Microwave the papads by applying butter | ghee | oil on one side. Applying this is optional. If you are very health conscious just skip this.
- Microwave till the papads are done.
- Very finely chop the onions , capsicum, tomato (deseed), capsicum,cucumber and carrots. Grate the green chillies.
- Mix everything together and add salt and add the lemon juice.
- chop the coriander leaves.
- Just before serving arrange the veggies topping evenly on the papad and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Do not arrange this before else it will make the papad soggy.
- You can add red chilli powder but i feel it will taste raw.
- Chaat masala can be added, but it will suppress the original taste of the veggies and make the taste of the chaat masala dominating.
- If adding chaat masala omit the addition of salt.