Chickpeas or channa generally we make Sundal , Channa masala or Channa puloa but this roasted chickpeas i tried a month back when i have some visitors for tea time snack and they already told me that they are coming just for a coffee. But i just tried this Roasted chickpeas with the canned Chickpeas. I added the Indian spices like red chilli powder, Tandoori masala , little garam masala and jeera powder. It tasted good and my friends too loved this with coffee. INGREDIENTS:
|CHICKPEAS*||2 CAN( 1 AND 1/4 CUP)|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1 TSP|
|CUMIN POWDER|JEERA POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|TANDOORI MASALA||1/2 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||A PINCH|
*If using dried chickpeas, soak in water for 8 hours and pressure cook it till 3 whistles and then proceed. METHOD:
- Drain the water from the canned chickpeas and wash it thoroughly .
- Pat dry the chickpeas to remove the excess moisture.
- Just add 1-2 drops of oil to grease the baking tray.
- Throw in the chickpeas to the baking tray and add the salt,(the canned one may contain little salt),red chilli powder,tandoori masala, garam masala and jeera powder.
- Mix it evenly with clean dry hands.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes or till it gets nicely roasted. Do not forget to saute this in between. You can do this every 10 minutes.
- Once done, take out and allow this to cool.
- Store it in a airtight container and enjoy this guilt free snack with tea or coffee.
- You can add chaat masala and some herbs like thyme , rosemary too to get more flavour.
- Even red chilli flakes or oregano can be added. Kasoori methi can also be added.
- Baking time differs from oven to oven.
lovely ! we can use our normal chick peas too ! where i soak the chick pea for 8 hrs and then i wll do the rest of ur procedure? will that work right?
sorry i didnt see the note part ! got it let me try and inform !
Nice one..have been wanting to try it for a long time now…Looks good
delicious and inviting
yummy it is in my to do list for long time
oh wow! you make it look fabulous. my mouth is watering, it's exactly tea time now 🙂
this is such a healthy munch ….
wow.. looks gr8.. i always make chickpeas sundal for my son when he returns back from school.. let me try this.. 🙂
Love to munch on these …looks fab with those spices
love this snack very much..nicely presented
They are so tempting… am sure you cannot stop with one bowl!!! delicious and very very irresistible…
Event – Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
Can this be made in microwave mode without being baked as mentioned
I haven't tried as i don't have Microwave at home. You can try with a small portion
Looks delicious and seems to be quite addictive.. Nice clicks..
wow supera iruku… love it…
woo this is sooperrb will try t..
healthy, crispy snack…love to munch with a cup of tea..
Have tried it and loved it too…healthy low fat snack !!
Have to try this out, perfectly done..
Thanks for the recipe. Loved making it and the taste of the masala. Wanted to check one thing, I kept in my oven for almost 50 mins. But it didn't become crispy. Is it expected to turn crisp or did I get it wrong?
It is supposed to be crispy only. Cooking time differs from oven to oven. You can reduce the temperature a bit and increase the baking time.