Chickpeas or channa generally we make Sundal , Channa masala or Channa puloa but this roasted chickpeas i tried a month back when i have some visitors for tea time snack and they already told me that they are coming just for a coffee. But i just tried this Roasted chickpeas with the canned Chickpeas. I added the Indian spices like red chilli powder, Tandoori masala , little garam masala and jeera powder. It tasted good and my friends too loved this with coffee. INGREDIENTS:
|CHICKPEAS*||2 CAN( 1 AND 1/4 CUP)|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1 TSP|
|CUMIN POWDER|JEERA POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|TANDOORI MASALA||1/2 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||A PINCH|
*If using dried chickpeas, soak in water for 8 hours and pressure cook it till 3 whistles and then proceed. METHOD:
- Drain the water from the canned chickpeas and wash it thoroughly .
- Pat dry the chickpeas to remove the excess moisture.
- Just add 1-2 drops of oil to grease the baking tray.
- Throw in the chickpeas to the baking tray and add the salt,(the canned one may contain little salt),red chilli powder,tandoori masala, garam masala and jeera powder.
- Mix it evenly with clean dry hands.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes or till it gets nicely roasted. Do not forget to saute this in between. You can do this every 10 minutes.
- Once done, take out and allow this to cool.
- Store it in a airtight container and enjoy this guilt free snack with tea or coffee.
- You can add chaat masala and some herbs like thyme , rosemary too to get more flavour.
- Even red chilli flakes or oregano can be added. Kasoori methi can also be added.
- Baking time differs from oven to oven.