Mutter paneer pulao | peas paneer pulav is a simple one pot meal, and a quite easy lunch box recipe too. I have given this recipe of Kungumam thozi, youth kitchen. This pulao tasted great and a simple onion raitha paired this pulao very well. If you are looking for easy lunch box recipes, then you should try this . The kids will surely polish off the tiffin box even without leaving a single grain of rice.
This is a scheduled post. I will get reply back to your emails and messages shortly. Thanks for your kind understanding.
Mutter Paneer pulao recipe
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 2
Basmati rice 1/2 cup
Paneer cubes 3/4 cup
Green peas 1/4 cup
Ginger a small piece
Garlic 3 pods
Green chili 1
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 2 pinches
Butter 3 tsp
Oil 1 tsp
Mint leaves few
Kasoori methi a pinch
- Grind the ginger garlic and chili into a paste. Finely shop the mint leaves, onions and tomato.
- In a pan add oil and add the paneer cubes and saute it till golden brown.
- Soak this in hot water for 10 minutes. Mean while wash the basmati rice and soak it in 3/4 cup water for 15 minutes.
- Keeping paneer in water makes the paneer soft.
- In a pan | cooker add butter and add the onions. Saute till it becomes pink. Add the ginger garlic green chili paste to this and cook in a low flame.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till they are mushy. Add the mint leaves to this. Keep the flame low.
- Add the cumin powder, garam masala and coriander pwoder. Add salt to this. Cook for a minute and add green peas.
- Add the soaked rice and squeeze the water from the paneer cubes and add them to the pan.
- Add the water to this and cover the cooker. The entire process can be made in the cooker, i just made it in the pan to make the pictures clear.
- Pressure cook till one whistle and keep the flame very low for 5 minutes and switch it off.
- Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Easy and delicious paneer peas pulav is ready.
- You can skip the step of sauting the paneer and directly soak it in hot water.
- Soaking in hot water makes the paneer soft.
- Even you can add the paneer in the last after opening the cooker.
- Instead of green chili you can add red chili powder. In that case add while adding the cumin powder.
- You can grind the tomatoes and add it, instead of chopping them.
So colourful and beautiful, it is on my to do list for this weekend since this is a great recipe to enjoy with my family, thanks for sharing!
Looking so tempting.. Have to try this for sure. Step by step pic's are really helpful.
Wow, so delicious! I just made it for dinner, I am sure I will make it again!