Sweet potato chaat recipe is an easy and tasty mumbai street style chaat recipe. Generally they make aloo chaat, i replaced aloo with sweet potato. I have 1 bag full of sweet potato, though i love eating boiled sweet potato, kids never touch sweet potato. As Suresh is also travelling, i wanted to make some interesting recipe using sweet potato. I saw this aloo chaat recipe in tarla dalal’s website and followed the same using sweet potato. It turned out so yum and the plate got over as soon as i finished clicking the pictures. Try this easy sweet potato chaat recipe and let me know how it turned out. Check out my other chaat recipes.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 1-2
Sweet potato 1 cup (boiled* and cubed)
Besan 2 tsp
Red chili powder 3/4 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Dhaniya powder | coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Amchoor powder | dry mango powder 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
Oil 2 tsp
Coriander leaves few
Green chutney 1-2 tsp
Sweet chutney 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp
Jeera powder | cumin powder 2 pinches
Red chili powder 2 pinches
Chaat masala 2 pinches
Yogurt 1 tblsp
Sev a handful
Coriander leaves few
*boiled – You can pressure cook the sweet potato by keeping it inside a vessel without adding any water. Cook for 3 whisltes. The cooked sweet potatoes should be firm and not mushy.
You can cut them into 4 pieces and boil in a pan filled with water. Boil them until they are cooked and yet firm.
- In a bowl add the ingredients given under the heading “to marinade”.
- Combine them well and let this sit for 5 minutes.
- In a pan add the sweet potato mixture and let this roast in a small flame for 3-4 minutes.
- I have seen in few websites, they deep fried the potatoes. I don’t want to deep fry.
- Take this out from the pan and spread it on a plate.
- Sprinkle some green chutney and sweet chutney.
- Beat the yogurt well and sprinkle some on this. Let the yogurt be chilled and thick.
- Sprinkle jeera powder, chaat masala and red chili powder.
- Sprinkle with sev and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.
- You can make aloo chaat instead of sweet potato chaat.
- Even you can use left over idlis for this recipe and can serve idli chaat.
- You can add moong sprouts and pomegranate seeds to the chaat.
- You can add finely chopped onions and tomatoes to the chaat.