Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Palada | readymade rice ada 1/4 cup
Milk 2 cups
Water 1 cup
Cardamom powder a pinch
Condensed milk 4 tblsp
Cashew nuts 4
Ghee 2 tsp
- In a pressure cooker add 1 tsp of ghee. Add the ada and saute for a minute in a low flame.
- Add 1 cup of water to this and boil for 5 minutes.
- Be careful as it will burn if the water gets evaporated.
- Add the milk to this and mix well.
- Cover the cooker. After 1 whistle , keep the flame very low for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add condensed milk to this and mix well. If adding sugar add 3-4 tblsp of sugar.
- Fry the cashew nuts in 1 tsp of ghee and add it to the payasam. Add the cardamom powder too.
- Payasam is ready to serve. The payasam tends to thick when it is cool, os do not worry if it is slightly thin.
- You can do it on stove top too. In that case cook the ada seperately drain the water and add it to the milk and cook till the milk reduces.
- Sugar can be added instead of condensed milk.