Ragi | Finger millet flour, i made puttu with that for this morning breakfast. First i thought, i will click pictures and post today but morning it was hectic i couldn’t click. While i was serving ragi puttu for my hubby, Varsha asked me what is this. I said it is Ragi puttu and explained her the health benefits of ragi flour as a typical mom, and told her to try a spoon of it. I remember my mom making this keepai puttu during our childhood days and we used to look forward for this one. When she had a bite she told it was tasting as chocolate. Even when i first tasted ragi cookies i felt the same too. As a typical teenager and a perfect foodie, Varsha told me why don’t you try Ragi chocolate milkshake with this. Amazed with her idea when i was browsing in google, i saw in Priya have posted this ragi chocolate milkshake | Malt recipe. So i tried today ragi malt with chocolate chips. Let the kids enjoy this healthy and delicious milkshake in this summer.
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 Mins |Serves: 2
Ragi Flour | finger millet flour 2 tblsp
Chocolate chips 1 tblsp
Milk 3/4 cup
Water 3/4 cup
Sugar To taste
Chocolate shaving few (optional)
- In a pan add the ragi flour and roast it in a low flame for 2 minutes. In a saucepan add this roasted flour and add water. Mix it well without any lumps.
- Cook this in a low flame, stirring in between. When it starts thickening, add the chocolate chips. The chocolate chips will become melt soon and when it becomes melted switch off the flame.
- Allow this to cool and add cold milk to this. You can add boiled and cooled milk too.
- Mix this with a whisk and keep it refrigerated. If needed add sugar to your taste.
- Serve chilled. Kids will hardly could able to find that ragi is involved in this.
- While serving grate some chocolate in a small grater and serve.
- Roasting flour is optional but will give a nice enhancement to the taste.
- You can add vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream to this and pulse it once in a mixie to give a frothy milkshake effect.
- You can add vanilla essence to this .
- You can add 1 tblsp of cocoa powder instead of choco chips.