After the successful attempt of baking Eggless choc chip muffin in my new oven i wanted to try something snack to pair with the evening tea. Without any second thought i attempted Savoury buns, which i got inspired from Bharathy of Spicy Chilly. When i saw them in Rak’s space with the replacement of olive oil in the place of butter i tried it out from there with a small alteration. It turned out so well and i used only the all purpose flour ,you can replace half portion with wheat flour too.
Check out my
Check out my
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|ACTIVE DRY YEAST||1 TBLSP|
|MILK||1 /4 CUP|
|OLIVE OIL||1/8 CUP|
|CHOPPED GARLIC||1 TBLSP|
|CHOPPED CORIANDER||1 TBLSP|
|CHILLI FLAKES||1 TBLSP|
|CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI||1/2 TBLSP(OPTIONAL)|
- Warm the milk and water together till it becomes luke warm.
- Add sugar and yeast to this and mix well.
- Mix till the yeast gets dissolved completely.
- Let this mixture sit for 5 – 10 mins.
- In a wide bowl add the flour and make a dent in the center.
- Add the chopped garlic, coriander leaves ,redchilli flakes and green chilli(if adding) to the flour.
- Add the olive oil , the yeast mixture and salt to this .
- Make this into a pliable dough.
- The dough should be soft and loose.
- Cove it with a cling wrap or moist muslin cloth.
- Let this sit for 2 hours in a warm place.
- The dough would have raised by now and must be doubled in its size.
- Punch it down and make it into medium sized balls of equal size.
- Pre heat the oven in 190 degree C.
- Brush the buns with milk and bake it till it the outer layer turns golden brown colour.
- Mine got done in 11 minutes.
- It yielded 5 buns for me.
- Once it is done, allow it cool for 3-4 mins and brush them with butter.
- My daughter was so excited and she did that job.
- Enjoy with evening tea/coffee as we did.