Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Eggplant|brinjal 1/2 kg
Peanuts 4 tblsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 2 pinches
Garlic 6-7 pods
Oil 2 tblsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves few
Salt as needed
- In a pan, add the peanuts and fry that till it turns brown, dont get it burnt.
- Allow it to cool and take out the skin by rubbing it.I used roasted peanuts.
- In a mixie, put the salt,coriander powder,redchilli powder,garam masala and garlic and add the peanuts to it.
- Grind it coarsely.
- Cut the onions into fine pieces.
- Add the ground masala, to the onions and mix well.
- Wash the brinjal and pat dry it. Take out the top portion.
- Slit the brinjal and do not cut them fully. We need to stuff the filling into it. Stuff 1 tblsp of the filling into the slit eggplant.
- Stuff the masala inside the brinjals carefully, till the tip of the brinjal.
- Use it according to the size of the brinjal.
- Heat a kadai, put oil in the kadai and add the mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add the stuffed brinjals carefully .
- Close it with a vessel filled with water.
- I used another kadai filled with water to close this.
- Turn the brinjals in between carefully without breaking them.
- When it is completely cooked remove from fire and serve hot with rice. Garnish with curry leaves.
- A good accompaniment for sambar/Rasam
- We tasted this with rotis, in my friend’s place.