Sweet corn generally either i make soup or rice with it. This is the first time i am making Sundal with sweet corn. Actually i tried it once few months back, as it is navratri season i thought i will post the recipe of sweet corn sundal. You can make it even on normal days too. This sundal can be had with even rice and rasam too. The addition of ginger and carrots make this sundal taste more awesome. So don’t skip it. I used fresh corn, you can use frozen corn too. Sen in your Golu pictures to my mail([email protected]). Will share in Jeyashri’s kitchen Facebook page
- Pressure cook the corn and take out the kernels from it.
- Grate the carrot in a small grater.
- In a mortar and pestle just grind the ginger and chilli coarsely.
- Add oil in a pan and throw in the mustard seeds. Add the coarsely ground ginger and green chili paste and add the curry leaves to this.
- Add the cooked sweet corn kernels. Add the grated carrots and salt to this . Mix well.
- Let this cook in a low flame for few minutes. Add the coconut and switch off the flame.
- Mix well.
- Sweet corn sundal is ready for neivedhyam.
- You can add finely chopped coriander leaves to the sundal which will enhance the flavour. I didn’t have in hand so didin’t add.
- Since the sweet corn is bit sweet 1 green chili for 1 sweet corn is perfect.
- Do not skip the ginger as it will enhance the flavour of the sundal.