Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 2
Coconut grated 4 tblsp
Raw rice | basmati rice 1 cup (cooked)
Coconut oil 1 tsp
Cooking oil 1 tsp
Ghee 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Channa dal 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tblsp
Fried gram 1 tsp
Green chili 2
Red chili 1
Salt as needed
Raw peanuts 1 tblsp
- Cook rice and allow it to cool. The grains should not be sticky.
- In a kadai,add the cooking oil and temper the mustard seeds,channa dal, peanuts, fried gram,urad dhal and red chili, green chilli. When it is done add it on the top of the rice.
- Add the ghee in the same kadai and fry the scrapped coconut till golden brown. Keep a close watch ,it shouldn’t get burnt.
- If making for lunch box roast till the moisture is completely absorbed.
- If you want to eat it immediately, you can roast it slightly.
- Add salt to it. Mix it along with the rice and smear the coconut oil and mix gently.
- Add a few curry leaves.Serve with pappad/vadagam/avial