Tomato coriander chutney| Kothamalli thakkali chutney recipe with step by step pictures, a simple and chutney recipe made using tomato and coriander leaves, pairs well with idli| dosa. Most of the South Indian houses w make Idli | dosa for breakfast and dinner. Everyone look forward for interesting Chutney | sambar varieties for the idli, dosa. I have posted many varieties of chutney and sambar recipes in Jeyashri’s kitchen. This tomato coriander chutney is a simple and tasty chutney, i made it little spicy to suit my taste buds. The addition of green and red chili gives a nice unique taste to the chutney. Check out the Complete collection of Chutney recipes from Jeyashri’s Kitchen
Method with step by step pictures :
- Peel the skin of small onions and garlic.
- Chop the tomato roughly.
- In a pan add 2 tsp oil and add the peeled shallots, garlic, ginger, green chilli and red chilli.
- Saute till the onions become slightly golden brown.
- Simmer the flame and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for a minute and add in the coriander leaves.
- Cook for a minute and switch off the flame.
- Let this mixture sit in the hot pan for sometime.
- Add coconut (if adding) and chutney dal to this.
- Add salt.
- Allow this to cool completely.
- Grind this into fine paste.
- Add water while grinding.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl.
- In a small pan add 1 tsp of oil and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Once the dal turns golden brown, add this to the chutney.
- Mix well.
- Tomato coriander chutney is ready to serve.
Serve with idli | dosa.