PREPARATION TIME:5 MINUTES |COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES|SERVES:3-4
|SUGAR||4 TO 5 TBSP(adjust acc to your taste)|
|SAFFRON||FEW STRANDS(for garnishing)|
|BASMATI RICE||3 TBSP|
- In a pan add a drop of ghee and roast the basmathi rice till it emits a nice aroma.
- When it is cool , pulse it once in a mixer.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan or a pressure cooker. Pour milk into it. Add the pulsed basmati rice to it. Put a clean spoon into it ,this helps in avoiding the milk leaking out and getting burnt in the bottom.
- Cover the pressure pan/cooker with the lid and keep the flame in medium.After 5 min put the weight,and when the cooker gives one sound keep the flame in low.
- Let it be in simmer for half an hour. After that ,switch off the gas stove and when the pressure come down add sugar and garnish with saffron.
- If using a heavy bottomed non stick pan, just keep the flame in medium low and let it boil till it becomes 3/4 th of the volume.
- This payasam tastes nice when it is hot and serve chilled also.
- Enjoy it according to your preference.
- Condensed milk can also be added to the milk if you want.
- If adding add 4-5 tblsp of condensed milk for 1 litre of milk.
- Basmati rice can be replaced with sona masoori rice | jeeraga samba rice too.
Technorati Tags: Paal payasam recipe,milk kheer,tamil brahmin recipes,traditional sweet recipes,how to make paal payasam