Sakkarai Pongal | Sweet Pongal recipe i wanted to post when i made it during pongal(the harvest festival),but couldn't take pictures on that day.I made this on last friday ,and wanted to share the recipe with u all.
|RAW RICE||3/4 CUP|
|JAGGERY||1 CUP(REDUCE TO 3/4 CUP ACCORDING TO THE SWEETNESS OF JAGERRY)|
|ELACHI POWDER||A PINCH|
- Wash the rice and moongdal and pressure cook both of them together.
- In a kadai,add a tblsp of ghee and fry the cashewnuts and raisins seperately till golden brown.
- Keep aside.
- Add jaggery in the kadai and add afew tblsp of water to it.
- Stir in between till the jaggery melts.
- filter the impurities.
- Again heat the jaggery syrup in the kadai for 5 mins.
- Mash the cooked rice nicely by adding milk to it.
- Add the rice mixture to the jaggery syrup.
- Mix nicely to avoid forming lumps
- Keep the stove in low flame.
- Add ghee ,elachi powder to it.
- Garnish with cashew and raisins and transfer to a serving bowl.
Enjoy it hot.