Sakkarai Pongal | Sweet Pongal recipe i wanted to post when i made it during pongal(the harvest festival),but couldn't take pictures on that day. I made this on last friday ,and wanted to share the recipe with you all. Check out my temple style sakkarai pongal and akkaraivadisal.
Sakkarai pongal recipe
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 35 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Raw rice 3/4 cup
Moong dal 3 tblsp
Jaggery 1 cup (reduce to 3/4 th cup acc to the sweetness of the jaggery)
Cashew nuts 10
Cardamom powder a pinch
Ghee 3-4 tblsp
Milk 1/4 cup
- Wash the rice and moongdal and pressure cook both of them together.
- In a kadai,add a tblsp of ghee and fry the cashewnuts and raisins seperately till golden brown.
- Keep aside.
- Add jaggery in the kadai and add afew tblsp of water to it.
- Stir in between till the jaggery melts.
- filter the impurities.
- Again heat the jaggery syrup in the kadai for 5 mins.
- Mash the cooked rice nicely by adding milk to it.
- Add the rice mixture to the jaggery syrup.
- Mix nicely to avoid forming lumps
- Keep the stove in low flame.
- Add ghee ,elachi powder to it.
- Garnish with cashew and raisins and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Enjoy it hot.