Brinjal rice is a good treat for brinjal lovers like me.. My mom used to pack this for my lunch box and my friends will finish it off in no time. After marriage,i hardly made this very few times,since my hubby doesn’t prefer brinjals. This time when my neighbor gave me a pack of brinjals ,i decided to make rice of of that and shared the rice with them also.
Coming to the recipe, first you need the VANGIBATH POWDER and the recipe for that is:
|CORIANDER SEEDS||3 TBLSP|
|CHANNA DHAL||2 TBLSP|
|SESAMME SEEDS||1 TBLSP|
|CLOVES||2 NO. |
Dry roast all the ingredients and allow it to cool. When done,make it to a fine powder and store it in a container.Now the vangibath powder is ready.
Now coming to the recipe of the VangiBath .You need:
|RAW RICE | BASMATHI RICE||1 CUP|
|VANGIBATH POWDER||2 TBLSP|
|MUSTARD SEED||1 TSP|
|URAD DHAL||1 TSP|
- Cook the rice with 1 and half cup of water and allow it to cool completely.
- The grains should be seperate
- Cut the brinjals into small cubes.(i used the long purple colour brinjal)
- Cut the onions lenghtwise.
- Heat a kadai and add the oil.Temper with mustard seeds,uraddhal,peanuts and curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute them for till golden brown.
- Add the brinjals and add salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook in medium flame till the brinjals become tender.
- Don’t add water.
- Add the vangibath powder and gently mix with the brinjal mixture.
- Mix gently with the rice..
Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy with any raitha of your choice.