During my childhood my mom makes this kadalai maavu chutney | besan chutney | bombay chuntey, during weekends. We all sit together and relish this with idli and dosa. This kadalaimaavu chutney can be made in a jiffy and i personally love this with dosa.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Besan | kadalai maavu 1 tbslp
Water 1 and 1/2 cup
Green chili 2
Oil 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
- Chop the onions and tomatoes finely.
- In a bowl,add the besan and water and mix it nicely without any lumps.
- Add salt and turmeric to it.
- Heat a kadai and pour oil to it.
- Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add the onions and saute till it turns pink.
- Add the tomatoes and saute well.
- Now add the besam mixture to it.
- Keep the flame very low , otherwise it will form lumps.
- Stir it nicely for till it gets cooked.
- The besan will get cooked in 3-5 mins.
- Add curry leaves and serve hot with idli/dosa.
NOTE: The chutney should always be served hot, otherwise it will become thick and lose its original taste.