This thogaiyal is my favourite one and i love to have this with hot plain rice or for Vathakuzhambu sadam.
|TOOR DAL||1/2 CUP|
|COCONUT SCARPPED||2 TBLSP|
- In a kadai, add few drops of oil and throw in the toor dal,rechillies, pepper and asfoetida.
- Saute well, and take care not to get it burnt.
- when it is done, soak this in a cup of water for 1/2 an hour.
- After 1/2 an hour ,drain the water and transfer it to the mixie jar.
- Add coconut and salt to it and grind it into a smooth paste,by adding very little water to it.
- If ur adding garlic , add it while grinding.
- It tastes yummy with Rasam sadam too.