In this post i am sharing a simple sweet dish which we all love the most.Next to Rava Kesari, this is an easy sweet dish which i make whenever i have guests at home.
|CASHEW NUTS||10 NOS.|
|MILK(FULL CREAM )||1 LITRE|
|CONDENSED MILK||1/2 CUP(OPTIONAL)|
|ELACHI POWDER||A PINCH|
- In a kadai, add ghee and fry the cashews till golden brown and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the vermicelli and roast it till turns into a nice golden brown colur.
- While sauting, stir it in between. Dont let it burnt.
- Now add the milk in the kadai and boil it till the milk reduces to 3/4 th of the quantity.
- Keep stirring in between.
- If you are adding condensed milk add it and give a nice boil.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add sugar to the payasam.
- Add elachi powder and mix well.( i didnt add)
- Garnish with fried cashewnuts .
- If you are adding condensed milk then reduce the quantity of sugar.
- Dont cook vermicelli in water and add milk to that.
- Dont boil the payasam after adding sugar to it.
- If you want raisins(dry grapes)u can add in the end by frying it in the ghee.