Though i dont make deep fried snacks very often, sometimes when i have guests at my place during teatime i would love to serve tea with any deep fried snack . This pakoda i have tried many times and this time i made for my friends and they all loved this.
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1 TSP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES CHOPPED||1 HANDFUL|
|OIL||TO DEEP FRY|
- Cut the onions into very finely.
- In a big bowl, add poha, onions, salt redchilli powder,maida and coriander leaves.
- Mix it nicely.
- Let this mixture sit for 1/2 an hour.
- Meanwhile boil the potatoes nicely.
- I pressure cooked it till 5-6 whistles.
- When it is done, peel off the skin and allow it cool.
- Now mash them nicely with the back of a fork and mix it well with the poha mixture.
- Make it into small balls .
- Do not add any water to the mixture.
- The water oozed out from the onions is enough to make balls.
- While making the balls ,do it very tightly.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying the pakoda balls.
- When it is hot put the balls in batches and fry it till it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.