Since my son is born on Valentines Day i made heart shaped cutlets. You can make them in round or oblong shape and it is consumes less time also.
Update: This measurement yields around 8 cutlets.
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEED POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CHAT MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|CASHEW NUTS (BROKEN)||2 TSP|
|MAIDA/ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 TBLSP|
|BREAD CRUMBS||1/2 CUP|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- Boil the potatoes in pressure cooker very softly.
- When it is done, pass it through cold water and peel the skin.
- Mash it nicely with your hand , add salt and all the powder and the cashew nuts also.
- Just add raw cashew nuts.
- Add the finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Add the maida to the potato mixture and mix well.
- Mix the corn flour with water to make a thin batter.
- I use the cookie cutter to make them into heart shape.
- Dip the cutlet in corn flour batter on both the sides.
- Spread the bread crumbs on the plate.
- Roll the maida dipped cutlets in bread crumbs and keep it aside.
- Repeat the process for the remaining cutlets.
- Cover it with a cling wrap and keep it in the fridge for an hour.
- Heat oil in a kadai and when it is hot, gently put in the cutlet in the oil.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Take it out and drain in kitchen towel.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
- If you are using cookie cutter just grease the cutter with oil before pressing.
- Grease the plate in which you are keeping potato mixture.
- You can keep it in the fridge for a longer time also.
- I made them on the previous day and fried on the next day only.
- If you dont have breadcrumbs, just roast the bread in tawa without oil.
- Roast it nicely and powder them in the mixie.