Here comes the recipe for simple Potato curry.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4-5
|CORIANDER LEAVES(CHOPPED)||1 HANDFULL|
|SAMBHAR POWDER||1 AND 1/2 TSP(replace with redchilli powder)|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Wash the potatoes and cook them in a pressure cooker till 2-3 whistles.
- Do not overcook.
- Allow it to cool ,when it is done.
- Cut them into cubes and keep it aside.
- My mom keeps it in the frigde for 15 minutes.
- In a kadai add the oil and throw in the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add the finely chopped onions and coriander leaves.
- Add the potatoes ,sambhar powder, turmeric powder,salt and asafoetida.
- Mix nicely and do it gently.
- Take care not to mash the potatoes.
- Keep it in a low flame and mix gently in between, till the masala mixes well with the potatoes and it turns into golden brown colour.
- When it is done transfer to a serving bowl.
- This goes well with rotis and pooris also.