A simple mango pickle recipe that goes well with curd rice and I love to eat this with to have them with Bisibelabath. Now comes the recipe for the RAW MANGO PICKLE.
|RAW MANGO||2 NO(MEDIUM SIZED)|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|FENUGREEK SEEDS||1 TBLSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/2 TSP(TO GRIND) AND 1/4 TSP(TO TEMPER)|
|CUMIN SEEDS||A PINCH|
|SESAME OIL||1/2 CUP|
- Cut the mangoes into small bite size pieces.
- Dry roast the fenugreek seeds,mustard seeds and the cumin seeds for 3 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and finely powder it in the mixie.
- Heat up the oil and throw in the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Add the redchilli powder, salt and the dry roasted powder to the cut mango.
- Pour the oil over the cut mango and mix nicely.
- Mango pickle is ready to serve.
- It can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Always use a clean dry spoon to take the pickle.