I Never thought that we can make curry with spring onion , but when my friend shared this recipe with me i tried it on the same day and to my surprise it turned out so well and i would say it is a perfect side dish for roti/rice.
|SPRING ONION||2 BUNCHES|
|BESAN/KADALAI MAAVU||3 TBLSP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||A PINCH|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Wash and chop the spring onions very finely(both the green and white part together)
- In a kadai add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves to this.
- When it splutters add the chopped spring onion and stir well.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Allow this to cook for a minute or 2.
- Add the besan,redchilli powder and garam masala at this stage and mix well.
- Saute well till the besan gets cooked and leaves a nice aroma.
- Don’t make it burnt, be careful.
- Always serve this hot .
- You can add a dash of lemon juice towards the end if you prefer the flavour of lemon.
- Spring onion can be replaced with capsicum also.
- Capsicum takes few minutes extra to get cooked.