Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Paneer cubes 1 cup
Methi leaves 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Evaporated Milk 1/2 cup
Oil 1 tblsp
Salt as needed
Sugar 1/4 tsp
- Chop the onions and methi leaves very finely.
- Grind the tomato into a puree.
- In a pan put oil and add the ginger garlic paste.
- Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add the onions to this and saute for few minutes.
- When it becomes pink, add the tomato puree,red chili powder, coriander powder,garam masala and cook it for 2-3 mins.
- Add the methi leaves and salt to this and allow it to cook for 4-5 mins.
- Keep the flame low.
- Add the paneer cubes now and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the evaporated milk and stir it nicely.
- If you don’t have evaporated milk with you you can just replace with normal full cream milk.
- Now add in the sugar.
- Switch off the flame.
- Paneer methi makhani is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with roti/rice.
- Though evaporated milk can be replaced with normal milk, i suggest the addition of evaporated milk as it gives a wonderful texture to the gravy.
- If using normal milk or fresh cream add it in the last and switch off when it comes to one boil.
- Use room temperature milk for paneer methi makhani.