Ribbon Pakoda| nada thenkuzhal|ola pakoda is an easy snack which is made during diwali | janmasthami in most of the houses. My mom and mil makes this very often as we all love this in our family. I am sharing the recipe for ribbon pakoda – an easy snack recipe:
|RICE FLOUR||2 CUPS|
|BESAN( BENGAL GRAM FLOUR)||1 CUP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||2 TSP|
|SESAME SEEDS |ELLU||1 TSP|
|MELTED BUTTER||2 TBLSP|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- In a wide bowl, add the rice flour and gram flour .
- Add in the redchilli powder, salt, sesame seeds,butter and asafoetida.
- Mix this into a soft dough using water.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai.
- Add a portion of dough in the murukku press (use the ribbon pakoda achu) and make a round layer in hot oil.
- When it is done on one side flip this carefully using the ladle.
- When the sizzling sound subsides take it out from the hot oil and drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel.
- Repeat this for the remaining dough.
- Store this in airtight container.
- Always fry the pakoda in hot oil. If you make the make the flame low the pakodas will drink lot of oil.
- Always use fine quality and smooth flour.
- If the flour is not of fine texture the pakoda will break when we make and also it will drink oil.
- If making in bulk, just mix all the ingredients except water.
- Make dough in batches to avoid the pakodas getting reddish in colur.
- Fresh ground pepper powder can be used instead of red chilli powder.