I tried rice payasam from her blog and that came out super delicious and my husband was asking me to make this again. When i told him about the source of recipe even he also felt very sad. Visit Kailas kitchen for the original recipe:
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH|
|CASHEW NUT||6-7 NO|
- Soak the rice in water for 1/2 an hour.
- Drain the water and grind this along with coconut into a fine paste.
- In a pan, add 2 cups of water and the paste and cook it in a low flame stirring every now and then.
- when this gets completely cooked (will be ready in 5-6 mins) add the sugar and stir well till it get dissolved.
- Add milk to this and bring it to a boil keeping the flame low.Switch off the flame.
- Fry the cashew nuts in ghee and add to the kheer.
- Add cardamom powder to this. Mix well.
- This really tasted well and since i am a big fan of coconut burfi i personally relished it to the core.
- I made this on friday night as a dessert for dinner.