In my kids school, every week friday kids have to take a fruit for snack and the teacher will mention as to what fruit to send by sending a mail to the parent a week ahead. This week it was given raisins and i decided to make muffin and include raisin in that. When i was going through a tarla dalal book(growing kids) i got hooked up with this recipe .
INGREDIENTS:(yields 12-13 muffins)
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||3/4 CUP|
|WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR||1/4 FLOUR|
|BAKING POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|MILK||1 AND 1/4 CUPS|
|VANILLA ESSENCE||1/4 TSP|
|QUICK COOKING OATS||3 TBLSP|
|ENO FRUIT SALT||1 AND 1/2 TSP|
- Sieve the flour twice along with baking powder to ensure even mixing.
- Beat the sugar an butter till it becomes creamy.
- Now add the milk and mix gently.
- Add the chopped raisins( i didn’t chop) and oats to this.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Reserve few raisins for garnishing.
- Add the eno fruit salt followed by a tblsp of water.
- Mix gently and pour this in muffin liners.
- Add few raisins on the top
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees.
- Bake for 15- 20 mins. Mine got done in 18 mins.
- Once done cool them in wire rack .
- I packed this muffins for my kids snack box and they loved it a lot.