Carrot Rice recipe is one of the simple recipe which my mom makes for our lunch box when we were in school. I still remember , most of the time my mom sends an extra box for my friends who are a big fan of her carrot rice. Today i am sharing the recipe of simple carrot rice.
|CARROTS (GRATED)||1 CUP|
|BASMATI RICE||1 CUP|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1 AND 1/2 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|GARAM MASALA||A PINCH|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Cook the rice using 1 and 1/2 cup of water. Add little salt and a tsp of oil while cooking.
- Don’t over cook the rice.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it splutters add the onions and saute them till they become brown.
- Add the grated carrots and throw in the sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt to this and cook for 5 mins in a medium flame, sauting in between .
- Now add the garam masala and switch off the flame. Mix well.
- Now add this to the cooked rice and mix gently without mashing the rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Ginger Garlic Paste can be added before adding the onions.
- While cooking the rice add a clove and cinnamon stick to get the masala flavor.